We talked about how important it is to redesign children’s bedrooms to help them get motivated and do well for the new school year.
Now we will talk about how to plan the project:
- As we said before, get the child involved. Have him or her pick a theme. Once the theme is selected, research the colors, designs, fabrics, and textures that you need to create the theme.
- Once you choose the fabrics, decide on the colors to use. Again have the child pick his or her preferred colors. You need about three colors: one major color that will cover 60% of the room, like the walls, a secondary color that will cover 30% of the room, and could be used on furniture, bedding, and draperies, and finally an accent color that will pop up here and there, like pillows, lamps, and decorative accents. The accent color should cover 10% of the room.
- Be creative with the window covering, bedding and your furniture selection. A custom headboard that coordinates with a valance, beautiful decorative pillows, and useful accessories are areas to show talent and creativity.
- Research what is available as far as shades, bedding, and furniture. For example Comfortex has what it is called the Persona shade. The Persona shade is really cool, because it can be customized by using your theme logo, your child’s name, or any design you pick.
- Research what is good for energy saving, room darkening and acoustics to help reduce the noise of the outside world.
- Child safety must be the number one priority when designing a child’s bed room; shades should be cordless to avoid the possibility of chocking or strangling.
- Use materials that are natural fibers and if possible anti allergenic.
- Make sure all furniture fit properly, and the proportions are correct. The room should not be overstuffed.
- Ask about the manufacturer’s guarantee to make sure that what you’re purchasing will last for a long time.
Good luck with your decorating! And please do not hesitate to schedule a free phone consultation! Call (630) 420-0800.
Call 630 420-0800 or visit www.GailaniDesigns.com for more ideas and information