Exciting Windows! is America's only Nationally-Advertised, Full Service window fashions professionals who come to your home with ALL window products... blinds, draperies, shadings, and shutters, and exciting ideas to make your room more beautiful... plus an Unbeatable 4-Way Guarantee, and recommended by Michael Payne, celebrity interior designer of HGTV!
August 17, 2012
We talked about how important it is to redesign children’s bedrooms to help them get motivated and do well for the new school year.
Now we will talk about how to plan the project:
- As we said before, get the child involved. Have him or her pick a theme. Once the theme is selected, research the colors, designs, fabrics, and textures that you need to create the theme.
- Once you choose the fabrics, decide on the colors to use. Again have the child pick his or her preferred colors. You need about three colors: one major color that will cover 60% of the room, like the walls, a secondary color that will cover 30% of the room, and could be used on furniture, bedding, and draperies, and finally an accent color that will pop up here and there, like pillows, lamps, and decorative accents. The accent color should cover 10% of the room.
- Be creative with the window covering, bedding and your furniture selection. A custom headboard that coordinates with a valance, beautiful decorative pillows, and useful accessories are areas to show talent and creativity.
- Research what is available as far as shades, bedding, and furniture. For example Comfortex has what it is called the Persona shade. The Persona shade is really cool, because it can be customized by using your theme logo, your child’s name, or any design you pick.
- Research what is good for energy saving, room darkening and acoustics to help reduce the noise of the outside world.
- Child safety must be the number one priority when designing a child’s bed room; shades should be cordless to avoid the possibility of chocking or strangling.
- Use materials that are natural fibers and if possible anti allergenic.
- Make sure all furniture fit properly, and the proportions are correct. The room should not be overstuffed.
- Ask about the manufacturer’s guarantee to make sure that what you’re purchasing will last for a long time.
Good luck with your decorating! And please do not hesitate to schedule a free phone consultation! Call (630) 420-0800.
Call 630 420-0800 or visit www.GailaniDesigns.com for more ideas and information
Sphere: Related Content
August 15, 2012
Studies have shown that children will do better with their homework and school in general if their rooms are well-designed and organized.
Here are some guide lines to help get your children’s rooms ready for the new school year:
- Get them involved! Ask what type of theme they would like to create: sports, music, safari, or perhaps a very slick contemporary theme.
- Have them select the paint color they like best. You might want to go online to www.voiceofcolors.com and click on the color game to discover what your child’s best color combination is and color personality.
- Make sure the room is organized and clutter free. The more order and less distraction there is, the better the child’s ability to focus. Create an area for studying: a clutter free desk with drawers and a place for all the knick knacks is essential.
- You need to consider whether the child is left-brained or right-brained. When the child is creative and visual, he or she might need things out and not hidden. On the other hand, some children are more left brained and will function better when their items are kept out of sight. If the child prefers his or her items exposed and not hidden, then creating a system for storage is important. Perhaps color coding will work well to keep things organized. Teaching them to file and not to pile is always a good habit for their future.
- Create an area to hang out with friends, another area for leisure reading, a dressing area, and so on. If you need a professional organizer, Mrs. Kim Cosentino, of De-Clutter Box, has helped many people in the western suburbs get their homes and places of work organized. To learn more about her services visit www.declutterbox.com or you can call her at (630) 968-7557.
- The desk must be well lit to reduce the strain on the eyes.
- The window treatments in the child room will have multi functions as well as esthetics. Room darkening shades or draperies are one way to ensure that your child is getting a good night’s sleep. Also you might want to reduce the noise of the outside world, especially if you live on a busy street. In this case, interlined draperies will cut the noise somewhat.
- Investing in a good bed is always a good idea. It is amazing the kind of effect a good mattress can have on your child’s energy level for the next day. How about nice bedding that coordinate with the design theme?
Children’s rooms should be functional and organized, as well as fun and well-designed. This is the best gift you can give your child to tell them how much you love them and that you care. With a room that they love, children will be rejuvenated for the new year and motivated to do well with their school work. It can be as easy as some fresh paint, decorative pillows and new bedding to turn the end-of-summer blues into fun and productive fall. Your child will appreciate the new décor and enjoy it for many years to come.
For more ideas or a free estimate call 630 420-0800.
Sphere: Related Content
June 6, 2012
The answer is: Be creative! There are tons of ways to create beautiful decorative items for your home.
Here are some ideas:
- Table runners, plate mats, or table clothes. Be imaginative with the center piece.
- Pillows of all types and sizes.
- Decorative skirts for the base of your Christmas tree.
- Covers for your boxes in storage. You can trim them with bows, tassels and ribbons.
- Ties to bundle groups of items for decorating, like a group of jars filled with jams and jellies, dried herbs, buttons or sewing notions and so on.
- Skirts for baskets, bed skirts or pet’s bedding.
- A valance or small drapery panel to a small window.
The ideas are endless for unique decorative items; let your imagination flow freely!
Call for free estimate or design consultation(630)420-0800
Sphere: Related Content
May 28, 2012
Pillows are an affordable accessory for any room. They can be functional, to make a seat more comfortable, or decorative to add an accent color, texture or just to make a statement. As far as cost, they can be inexpensive if they are ready made. Searching the stores, one can find beautiful pillows imported from India or China for as little as $25.00 a piece. Custom pillows however are a different story. Custom pillows can become very pricy based on the fabrics, trims, the type of insert, and all the bells and whistles that are added.
It might seem expensive to spend money on pillows, but the truth is, the quality, the personal touch, the creativity that goes into custom pillows is priceless. One pillow can set the entire ambiance of a room, and will bring pleasures for many years to come.
Call us for free in home design consultation or free estimate (630)420-0800
Also visit our Gailani Designs Website for more ideas www.GailaniDesigns.com
Here are illustrations from Jackie Von Tobel book, The Design Directory of Bedding.
Sphere: Related Content