5 Tips when selecting Custom Window fashions.
Custom Window covering does more to your home than just privacy and light control!
Designing the appropriate window covering not only will enhance the window itself, but it will affect the entire room décor.
There are so many factors that will determine the success of the selection of the window covering, a competent window fashion designer, will ask more questions than just the client’s personal style or preferences, questions like:
· who is going to use the room?
· What part of the day the room will be in use?
· What is the mood that the client wants to be created in the room?
· Are there any architectural elements that will influence the design, such as the molding on the ceiling or perhaps the molding around the window?
· Are the windows arched? Is it going to be enhanced, and emphasized?
Even though the selections and possibilities are vast, below are five tips that will help in starting any window covering project:
1. If the room is small and the goal is to make it seem larger and more spacious, then the color choice of the fabric should be as close as possible to the wall. On the other hand if the room is huge and the goal is to make it feel cozier, the colors can have an apparent contrast from the walls and perhaps using large patterns in the fabric will make the walls come forward, and the room will shrink somewhat.
2. How about the ceiling, is it too low? Is the goal to make it appear higher? Vertical lines or stripes are a good way to help make the ceilings seem higher, another tip is to install the draperies as close to the ceiling as possible.
3. Considering the furniture style, size and placement. Heavy, over sized draperies in a room with delicate, petite furniture will look odd.
4. The use and placement of decorative embellishments is another area where attention must be paid. The color and style of the trims, fringes and tassels are important as well as where to place them. Adding a fringe or a trim in the wrong place might ruin the entire look of the drapery.
5. Textures are so important in the overall drapery design. Using variety, mixing several together, or bringing in the element of surprise is a key in creating superb, one of a kind drapery.
Beautiful Window covering, will make any room beautiful. Think about it this way, what a Prada purse, or a tiffany necklace will do to any ordinary dress? I believe, it will make such an impact, the eye will be drawn to it and the simple dress will look stunning, and that’s what we call the wow factor!
That’s what the right window treatment does for you!
Sphere: Related Content